How to throw an awesome party and stay stress free!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

It's no secret, I love planning parties and events. I remember when my published my first novel, my publisher asked me to throw a launch party event.

The thought of throwing a big event terrified me! I realized I needed to figure out party planning details asap.

Fast forward a few years and 2 book launch parties and several blogger parties later, I have come to absolutely love throwing events! Whether It's a large event like a book launch, or even small family parties, you can have a great time and stay stress free with these easy tips.

1. Choose a Theme.


This seems obvious enough, but it's something that can get out of hand quickly if you don't reign it in! My favorite apps to use to help me brainstorm and pick great themes are Pinterest, A Joyful Riot, and Kara's Party Ideas. All of these sites are full of incredible themed parties and ideas that will leave you in awe. And remember to put your own special touch to it. That's what makes your event memorable!

My first book launch party was themed after my book cover, so I used red and black and tried to make everything sleek. Book launch number two was mermaid/siren themed and I used blues, greens, and pearl tones. And my daughter's first birthday party was a pink and gold glitter explosion.

Deciding on two or three colors is a great place to start for a theme!

2. Start planning way ahead of time. 

It's another tip that might sound obvious, but somehow party preparation has a sneaky little way of taking just a few too many hours than you had planned.

Make sure you've worked out food/catering, event location, and decor weeks before your event. It will keep you calm and collected on the day of your special event.

3. Use apps to take the stress out event planning. 

Eventbrite is a great site that lets you create an event, get the word out, and even let's attendees pay online for your event ahead of time. It's an easy way to stay organized and stress free while party planning. As for online shopping, Amazon Prime and Etsy are my favorite party supply sites and so much better than running from store to store the day before.


4. Enjoy the time! 

When you're in charge of a major event it's so hard to actually enjoy the moment. However if you start early enough and make a clear plan, you'll have so much for fun and be able to relax at your event.

Here's to many more awesome celebrations throughout the year!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS